This Conference aims at discussing not only the epistemological foundations that support the construction of concepts and practices in mental health and psychopathology, but also the social, ethical, and political implications of diagnostic and therapeutic models. In this sense, the event intends to involve researchers from different branches of the Humanities (such as Philosophy or Literary Studies), Social Sciences (such as History, Sociology, Anthropology or Psychology) and Biomedical Sciences (such as Neurology and Psychiatry, among others).
Organizing & Partner Institutions:
- INPP/Portucalense Institute of Human Development (Portucalense University)
- Poetics of Selfhood: Interdisciplinary Society for Biographical and Narrative Studies
- Philosophy Centre of Lisbon University
- CHAM-Center for Humanities (NOVA FCSH/UAc)
- Aesthetics, Politics & Knowledge RG/ Philosophy Institute of Porto University
- Normatividad, Emociones, Discurso y Sociedad (GINEDIS/U. Complutense de Madrid)